When you make ghee, and are careful enough not to burn the batch, the milk solids that are filtered out are great to use up. This site has a bunch of ideas . The one I do most often is a variation of the sweet my grandmother used to make and has my kid asking why I haven’t made ghee recently.
- Mash and mix the milk solids with a spoon till smooth and any of the larger particles or clumps are gone.
- Mix in some rice flour for structure, and sugar and cocoa powder and continue to mix till you get a smooth consistent thick paste. No proportions, it’s a feeling.
- Ask your kid to taste it and adjust the sugar and cocoa as needed, or taste it yourself 🙂
- Shape and roll with your hand into a long cylinder and cut into equal portions
- Make each portion spherical (or whatever shape) and transfer to a container to refrigerate.
- Once the residual ghee in the mix solidifies in the fridge, you’ll get a very tasty bit of chocolate dessert!
A version of this article was first published at Olive Ridley dot org.